This vegan and healthy Kebbeh is delicious, easy to make, and very inviting.
Kebbet Batata is served as a mezze or side dish with Lebanese bread and fresh vegetables.
The Kebbet Batata features batata (Arabic word for potatoes), onions, parsley, and lots of good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 4 Medium size potatoes
- 1 Medium size onion
- 1 Bunch of parsley
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Tsp of Lebanese 7 Spices (if not available, replace with black pepper)
- ¼ Cup of Zeitouna Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash the potatoes and bring to boil until very soft
- Add parsley and onion to a blender and blend until the mixture is very fine
- Once potatoes are cooked, peal the potatoes and add them to the onions/parsley mixture.
- Add salt, spices to the mixture and blend all ingredients together, until you get a smooth mixture.
- Flatten out the potatoes mixture in a plate, make an indented pattern using a spoon. Drizzle Zeitouna Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top.
- You can serve the kebbet batata warm or cold out of the fridge.