A healthy and refreshing salad, that is usually a part of the Lebanese mezze offering. The main ingredient for this salad is the eggplant. And the main secret for its deliciousness is the smoky flavour of the charred skin of the eggplants. The best way to get this flavour is to broil the eggplants on an open fire on top of your stove or chargrill the eggplants in a BBQ (gas or coal). You can also boil the eggplants in the electric oven.
- 4 Eggplants
- 2 Tomatoes- diced
- 1 Bunch of Spring Onions or White or Red Onion
- Half Green or Yellow or Red Pepper
- 4 Garlic Cloves- crushed
- Zeitouna Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper – a pinch of both (you can also add little more if you are like me)
- 2 Tablespoon of Lemon
- Broil the eggplants until they are soft, and the skin is charred.
- Peel the eggplants and cut into small cubes.
- Add all the vegetables and dressing to the eggplants and toss well.
- Place in a serving plate, and drizzle Zeitouna Olive Oil on the salad mixture. Be generous with the Olive Oil, and only use the best Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Zeitouna.
- Serve cold with Lebanese Bread.